Cook Islands is one of the South Pacific’s most popular holiday hotspots, with steadily increasing numbers of visitors from New Zealand, Australia, North America and around the world; over 170,000 in 2019, pre COVID.
The locals are friendly and family orientated, the culture is engaging; the beaches and lagoons, mountains and forests are pristine; and the pace is pleasantly 'island time’.
It's not hard to love this little paradise!
Cook Islands is also an agreeable place to live and work, offering many business and investment opportunities for those seeking a ‘sea change’.
Tourism-orientated businesses are especially attractive to couples and families: visitor accommodation, cafés, restaurants, bars, outdoors adventure activities, retail shops and more!
If you’re interested into buying into the Cook Islands lifestyle, then take a look online for current businesses for sale including the Cook Islands Business Trade Investment Board (BTIB), Cook Islands Real Estate, and Jeff Tikitau Real Estate.
Business Trade Investment Board (BTIB)
There is no doubt Cook Islands is a great place to do business, combining the need to earn a living with a tropical lifestyle outside of the busy modern existence in which most people live.
BTIB provide ‘official’ information about what is required to start, buy, or invest in a business in the Cook Islands.
T: (+682) 24296; E: email@example.com; W: btib.gov.ck.
Ten reasons to invest in the Cook Islands
(Source: BTIB website)
- A Government that welcomes foreign investment
- Attractive lifestyle in a relaxed and safe environment
- Developed infrastructure for business, quality housing for expatriate staff, and good health and education services
- No foreign exchange controls
- Freedom to repatriate capital and profits
- No - wealth tax, gift tax, property tax, capital gains tax, death duty tax
- Income Tax (company) 20% for residents, 28% for non residents
- Value added Tax - 15%
- Withholding tax – foreign pay-outs - 15% (on interest, dividend, and royalty)
- Good telecommunication links with the world, and regular air services to New Zealand, Australia, USA and French Polynesia.
Enjoy the South Pacific lifestyle; look into living and working in the Cook Islands.
View Gallery below